Amazing how quickly time flies when you are having fun (moving house etc).. e-Jagfest 2013 is nearly upon us! Celebrating 20 years of the Jag! Has to be the best Atari Jaguar event in the whole world! A full 64 bits of awesomeness, interactive, multimedia…. ahem…
We (U-235) are going to be there, along with fellow Jaguar fans to wish the Jaguar happy 20th birthday. Why not come along, join in the fun, talk to devs, fans, collectors.. eat tasty German sausage, drink their beer & coffee and generally have a bloody good time!
Join the event page on Facebook here
We decided to try and get something together for an up-coming show, time has been quite short and there have been a few sticking points but progress has been made and things are moving along nicely. If you follow my twitter feed (@link2076) in amongst all the other random nonsense you will find the odd tid-bit of info as I work on the project.
It is going to be a game, and yup poor ole GazTee is the hero 🙂 for this game, lets hope he packed some warm clothing…..
I just noticed that the Archive of files we host on our site wasn’t as readily accessible as I thought! OOPS! my bad! sorry! I have now (hopefully) rectified this, point your pointing thing over the ‘Jaguar Archives‘ page and fill yer boots. 🙂
It’s been far far too long, and not all of the features I hoped to get in this release are there, still plenty to do and add. A significant bug was identified by Matmook of Jagware which would result in small looped samples sounding terribly off key. This release fixes that bug.
In addition to this fix there is now a Pseudo random number generator built into the Sound Engine! whilst it is loaded into the DSP and the DSP is running it will merrily generate 16bits of pseudo rubbish. Hopefully this will be of use and free up some ticks elsewhere in your projects.
Also now added support of the Vibrato & Volume slide effect.
The majority of changes have mostly been around some internal code tidying and documentation to aid in future development.
Head here to download the latest version, enjoy!
It’s been a long time in coming! I initially wrote this tool many many years ago, then lost the source, but back then it worked only for a very very limited selection of BMP source files. This has bugged me lots, so when I started re-looking at Jaguar development I rewrote it from scratch. However, this time I have used the ImageMagick image processing libraries to enable support for pretty much every image format on the planet. Spent a good few hours last night polishing off some of the rougher edges, and whipped it into an early beta release for people to use. Still a lot to do, if there are any features you would like to see, drop me an email and we might be able to get them added.
The release can be obtained from the Developer > Jaguar Graphics Convertor section of this website.
Finally got sick of hand editing HTML.. so have done a quick WordPress install, a few plugin’s and here we are! Hopefully a more useful site, and one that we can more quickly update people with our progress and activities via.
Still a work in progress (as I write this, it’s still hidden off in a seekret URL 😀 ) but arn’t most things
A long time in coming but hopefully worth the wait! Additional effects, timing improvements, and some manual enhancements. Still plenty more to do on the engine, some tidying and new features coming hopefully soon 🙂
Complete rewrite of the sound rendering code has been made to improve tollerance of bus latency. This means that projects using the SE can now make more use of the system bus! more sprites! more pixels! clear audio! There are still finite limits as to how much can be tollerated, more work is being done to hopefully improve this further.
A significant change to the API has been made which will allow (hopefully) increased ease of use, as well as more accurate rendering of tracker module effects. This change has also divorced the module parser from the Sound Engine allowing for greater flexibility with future SE developments and smaller code size! Next on the agenda is to improve the rendering performance to hopefully remove or reduce the effects of latency on the system bus.
Another small update in terms of features, mostly bug fixes. New sound engine command added “Slide to note at rate”, updates to the manual to hopefully improve clarity of some of the tables, and also details of which module effects are currently implemented. Lots of work still to be done, hopefully the next update will be more significant.